RWA 5225 uses computer surface mount technology, in a fully digital design for greater reliability. A 6-pin weatherpak type harness plug is used for ease of installation, with a standard mag trigger input that can come from any type of magnetic trigger distributor. Not only is this plug a sure seal, but the ignition comes completely sealed in urethane and on shock mounts, to protect against vibration, shock, oil and moisture intrusion. Adjustable rev limiter built in that goes from 900-9,900 RPM in 100 RPM increments, all of which are accurate within 30 RPM of locked-in value. The rev limiter is a sequential type, which means it is soft on the motor, no loud popping at high RPM, potentially damaging the motor. This ignition comes with a built-in 20 degree start retard feature. Just wire to the start button and you get retard to save the starter motor until the engine fires, then back to full advance. The HI-6RC runs with no loss of output all the way down to 8-volts. The HI-6RC has a red light on the end cap to show you have a good power supply, and during cranking, it flashes to show a good trigger signal. Use this with our billet distributor RWA 5223 and Hi out put coil RWA 5224. This set up is as bullet proof as you can get. We have been running this setup on our road race car with great success.
- CD (Capacitive Discharge) Ignition
- Digital Design
- Built-in Start retard feature
- Sequential rev limiter for longer life
- Bigger rotary switches with precise “click-in” detents for easy rev limiter adjustments in 100 rpm increments, 900-9,900 rpm.
- Shock mounts included for race conditions
- Fully potted with new, soft urethane for heat, Dirt and moisture protection.